Gum Country is a new power trio brought to you by singer/guitarist/vocalist Courtney Garvin (The Courtneys). Connor Mayer plays drums and keyboards at the same time, and Halle Saxon (Automatic) plays bass in the live band. Debut full-length 'Somewhere' releases on vinyl/cassette worldwide on June 19th, 2020. A cassette of 4 track recordings is available now on Lolipop Records. You can also listen and buy merch on Bandcamp.

Friday 19 June 2020

Helloooo dear reader...today is the big day! Our album Somewhere is finally OUT. stream/buy>>>>> https://gumcountry.bandcamp.com/album/somewhere



Also we're donating all the digital bandcamp sales today to the ACLU to help end police brutality and fight for racial justice. You can read up on them here if you like. There are a lot of great organizations you can donate to right now, and the reason I picked the ACLU is because the animation studio I work for is matching all employee donations to them. So your purchase today will be doubled by the good folks at Titmouse.

What else is new....we have a seed packet available for purchase now. That was Tims idea! So cute thanks Tim : ) The seeds you receive may vary though, as I've discovered that there are restrictions on mailing seeds to certain countries. I was really excited about the idea of folks planting 10 foot sunflowers but you may receive something more practical, FYI.

Here's a few interviews I did sort of recently... all your Gum Country mysteries revealed:
https://www.deafencounty.com/deafencounty/2020/5/6/rendezvous-a-quick-catch-up-with-gum-country
https://fortherabbits.net/2020/05/18/get-to-know-gum-country/
http://broaderlines.com/courtney-of-the-courtneys-and-now-gum-country-fame-is-feeling-lucky/

And lastly, y'all know I love to paint and I wanted to share my latest painting: 'Fulltone BLM', gouache on metal, 2020. I love my new BLM pedal hehe :~) That said if anyone has any leads on a good OCD clone, or a similarly transparent overdrive with tons of sustain - maybe by a black or woman owned company? - I'm all ears.


Stay tough y'all <3 Happy Juneteenth and talk soon -C